Your new CaraCo home is protected by the Ontario New Home Warranty Plan Act, overseen by Tarion Warranty Corporation. This means that your new home has been built by a registered and licensed builder. Through the Licensed Builder Directory you are able to see how many homes we've built, and review our After Sales Service Record with Tarion.
The warranty protection lasts for seven years from the time your new home is completed and ready for possession, including deposit protection and delayed closing compensation. To keep things simple it is described as one warranty but, in reality, three separate warranties offer different types of coverage at different points in the life cycle of a home. These are the one, two and seven year warranties.
One Year Warranty:
- Requires a home is constructed in a workman-like manner and free from defects in material
- Protects against unauthorized substitutions
- Requires the home to be fit for habitation
- Protects against Ontario Building Code violations
Two Year Warranty:
- Protects against water penetration through the basement or foundation walls
- Protects against defects in materials that affect windows, doors and caulking and defects in work that results in water penetration into the building envelope
- Covers defects in work or materials in the electrical, plumbing and heating delivery and distribution systems
- Covers defects in work or materials that result in the detachment, displacement or deterioration of exterior cladding (such as brickwork, aluminum or vinyl siding)
- Protects against violations of the Ontario Building Code that affect health and safety
7 Year Warranty:
- Major structural defects
For information on these warranties visit Tarion.com.